Friday, May 29, 2015

Roadside Gem

I really wish I would have taken a before picture of this one. My dad, who I get the dumpster diving gene from, found this night stand abandoned in an alley and immediately thought of me. It was in rough shape, stained, chipped and broken. Then I got my mitts on it...



Gotta say, I'm pretty proud of this one. It needed a new side panel and some holes patched. I sanded and finished the top in dark walnut. Then painted a thick layer of ASCP Olive mixed with some Antibes and white. A thin layer of graphite on top, lots of sanding and finished it off with clear and dark wax. The drawer pull was really gunked up when I got it, so I sanded it down and dressed it up with some dark wax too. Not too shabby if I do say so...getting better at this layering thing.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment