Friday, May 29, 2015

Let's Do This

Alright, time to update this blog. It's only be 3 years, what's the big whoop! It was fun writing about my family....but you know, snooooor. Sounds bad, but this is a place to be creative AND brag about how cute my rug rats are.

Case in point...


I've recently traded in my business casual attire and 90 minute commute for a pair of yoga pants and a home office. Also slimmed down the hours so I can be there more for my kiddos. And with all my new-found free time, I decided to update my kids rooms by painting all the mis-matched furniture. In doing so, I absolutely fell in love with chalk paint.

That being said, everything, including the cat has been smothered in Annie Sloan. I have nothing.left.to.paint. So now I shop yard sales, craigslist, estate sales (dead people have the coolest shit) and my favorite... roadsideia. My grandma always used that term for pretty flowers and weeds that you pick along the road to pretty up your home. Now I have repurposed that term to mean crappy junk that you find on the side of the road to bring back to your house and paint to pretty up your home.

So, when I should be working, or cleaning, or trying to get my four year old to stop flushing entire rolls of toilet paper, I venture on in to the garage to find some inspiration.


So to start it off, here is a little spring project I recently finished. My pallet spice garden.



Took a regular pallet, had the hubs pull off some of the slats and use to create the bottoms of the shelves, add some paint and some spices, voila! Now if I can just remember to water them...

1 comment:

  1. You are just as creative with your writing skills as you are with your Roadsideia!! Very cute pic of Katelynn.....

    ReplyDelete